Things to do in Kalamazoo
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo offers the best of both worlds - the convenience of being a short drive from downtown Kalamazoo and the serenity of quiet surroundings. We're a stone's throw away from great museums and shops as well as outdoor activities like golf and skiing. View our list of things to do in Kalamazoo below.
- Air Zoo
- Airway Family Fun Center
- Arcadia Brewing Company
- Augusta Barn Theater
- Bell's Brewery
- Binder Park Zoo
- Bittersweet Ski Resort
- Crossroads Mall
- Echo Valley
- FireKeepers Casino
- Gilmore Car Museum
- Holland, MI
- Jungle Joes
- Kalamazo State Theater
- Kalamazoo Civic Center
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra
- Kalamazoo Valley Museum
- Miller Auditorium
- Saugatuck MI
- South Haven, MI
- Timber Ridge
- WK Kellogg Biological
How To Get Here
Kalamazoo Local Attractions
- Airway Family Fun Center - Play your game of choice at the Airway Family Fun Center - bowling, bumper cars, go karts, laser tag, mini golf, and more.
- Binder Park Zoo - Home to more than 400 animals, Binder Park Zoo is an animal lover's paradise. Binder Park Zoo is open seasonally.
- Downtown Kalamazoo - Enjoy fine dining and local shopping in downtown Kalamazoo. If you're visiting during summer, be sure to stop by the Arcadia Creek Festival.
- Jungle Joes - Find indoor family fun year round at Jungle Joes.
Shopping in Kalamazoo
- Crossroads Mall - Shop 'til you drop at over 80 stores and restaurants.
Outdoor Activities in Kalamazoo
- Bittersweet - Open seasonally, Bittersweet's hill is 350 feet vertical with 20 runs. New to skiing? Bittersweet offers private or group skiing lessons.
- Echo Valley - Pack your boots and mittens for a day of snow-filled fun at Echo Valley. Open seasonally, Echo Valley offers skating, tobogganing, and tubing.
- Golf Courses - Practice your swing at Bobick's Professional Golf Course Centers, Hickory Ridge Golf Course & Driving Range and Milham Park Golf Course.
- Timber Ridge - Gear up for a day of skiing, snowboarding, and tubing at Timber Ridge.
- WK Kellogg Biological - With over 180 acres of wildlife habitats and 40 acre Wintergreen Lake, WK Kellogg Biological is the perfect place to explore nature.
- Air Zoo - Voted "Best Place to Spend a Day with Your Family," Air Zoo takes space to the next level. With over 50 rare historic aircraft, RealD 3D/4D mission theaters, amusement park style rides, and flight simulators, Air Zoo is a must see.
- Gilmore Car Museum - Established in 1966, the Gilmore Museum has over 70 vintage cars, a 1930s service station and small train station with 3 miles of paved road.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts - View work by local artists at the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts.
- Kalamazoo Valley Museum - Learn about Kalamazoo with great hands on exhibits.
- Augusta Barn Theatre - Delight in the August Barn Theatre's 16-week summer season.
- Cinemas - Catch the latest film at Gull Road Cinema 5, Rave Cinema, Kalamazoo 10, or Celebration Cinema.
- Kalamazoo Civic Center - Watch classic, original, and modern plays at this Southwest Michigan institution.
- Kalamazoo State Theater - The historic Kalamazoo State Theater first opened its doors in 1927 and remains an integral part of the Kalamazoo theatre scene.
- Kalamazoo Symphony Orchestra - The KSO's award-winning educational programming continues to share their musical experience throughout Southwest Michigan.
- Miller Auditorium - Located on Western Michigan University's campus, the Miller Auditorium features year round entertainment.
- Breweries - Sample Michigan's local brews at Arcadia Brewing Company, Bells Brewery, Bilbos, Dark Horse, Olde Peninsual Brew Pub, and Paw Paw Brewing.
- Casinos - Try your luck at Fire Keepers, Four Winds, and Gun Lake.
- The Entertainment District - Wind down at the Gatsby, Loft 310, Monaco Bay, Sky Deck, and Wild Bull in downtown Kalamazoo.
Day Trips from Kalamazoo
- Holland - Located 74 miles from Kalamazoo, Holland is known for award-winning tulips, Dutch attractions and magnificent beaches.
- South Haven - Experience South Haven's harbor walks, bike trails, wine festivals, farmer's markets, and harvest gatherings. South Haven is 45 miles from Kalamazoo and is known for their winter ice festival.
- Saugatuck - Delight in the local art galleries, boutiques, and beaches of Saugatuck, 53 miles from Kalamazoo.
Air Zoo Package
Book our Air Zoo Package and enjoy:
- Two Air Zoo general admission wristbands - includes general admission and access to all Air Zoo rides and attractions vouchers
- Breakfast buffet for two
- Two Best Brews® local craft beers
Double occupancy required. Book online now or call 866-716-8133 and mention rate plan LCPKG1.
Gilmore Car Museum Package
Book our Gilmore Car Museum Package and enjoy:
- Two vouchers to Gilmore Car Museum
- Breakfast buffet for two
Double occupancy required. Book online now or call 866-716-8133 and mention rate plan LBPKG1. Offer must be booked at least two days before arrival.
Pick one of our two local skiing areas, Timber Ridge or Bittersweet Ski, and enjoy:
- Two ski vouchers
- Breakfast buffet for two
- Two Best Brews local craft beers
- 2 PM late checkout
Double occupancy required. Book online now, or call 866-716-8133 and mention rate plan LAPKG1. Please contact us prior to arrival to select your skiing location.